Getting started in the garden, April 27th
Getting started in the garden• Prepping garden beds for springtime / building soil fertility
• Transplanting WS seedlings (kales, chard salad greens
• Direct seeding (radishes, beets, carrots)
• We will look at early season weeds /herb
• Companion planting for springtime plants
• Mulching methods …..bed maintenance.
Dr. Susan Rubin, known as SuRu, is a food and environmental activist who has been growing food with all ages for more than a decade.
She is a Westchester Master Composter who adores red wriggler composting worms, and is also a certified permaculture designer.
SuRu is a mom of 3 grown daughters and a dog mom to Wally. (@WallyRu22)